Quote and Trade Data for Nasdaq PSX
PSX Basic is a new proprietary data product that provides quote and trade data for all exchange-listed stocks based on liquidity from the Nasdaq PSX (PSX) execution system. PSX is the only exchange to offer a price/size priority model for trading U.S. equities and this market structure encourages greater displayed size which increases transparency and enables additional trading strategies. With more firms looking for efficient and cost-effective trading, PSX Basic provides essential data for a growing pool of liquidity.
PSX Basic carries the best bid and offer quotations and last sale data for all issues traded on the PSX venue including Nasdaq-, NYSE-, NYSE MKT- and NYSE Arca-listed securities.
Benefits & Features
The PSX Basic entitlement offers a flexible and affordable way to provide customers with essential trading data on the PSX execution system. It is designed to be an easy-to-administer alternative to Level 1 and CTA data.
To facilitate data processing, Nasdaq will use the same file formats for the PSX Basic product as with the Nasdaq Basic product.
The product offers:
- Direct Access – Get data directly from PSX and other regional exchange-listed securities traded on PSX.
- Flexible Implementation Options – Can be deployed in a wide variety of investor tools including Watch Lists, Portfolio Trackers, Equity Top Ten Lists, Dynamic Tickers, Alerts and Intraday Charts, among others.
- Accurate Data – Based on liquidity from the PSX execution system.
PSX Basic provides the following key data elements covering the full range of issues traded on the PSX execution system including Nasdaq-, NYSE-, NYSE MKT- and NYSE Arca-listed securities:
- PSX Last Sale (PLS) - Tick-by-tick price and size information for orders executed within the PSX execution system.
- PSX Best Bid and Offer (PSX BBO) – The highest bid price and lowest offer price, with associated size, available within the PSX market.
- Market status information, including Trading Halts and System Event messages.
Data Delivery Options
To create a PSX Basic entitlement using direct data feeds, firms will need to process the following two PSX proprietary products:
- PSX Best Bid and Offer (PSX BBO) – This new PSX proprietary data feed will provide the highest bid price and lowest offer price available in the PSX market system on a real-time basis covering the full range of issues traded on the PSX execution system. PSX BBO is offered in multiple network protocol options, including TCP/IP and UDP/IP. For the full range of issue types in the standard TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocol options, the PSX BBO bandwidth recommendation is 24 Megabits (Mb) for each data center connection.
- PSX Last Sale (PLS) – This new PSX proprietary data feed provides real-time trade data from the PSX execution system covering the full range of issues traded on PSX. For the standard TCP/IP and UDP/IP protocol options, the PLS bandwidth recommendation is 3 Mb for each data center connection.
Nasdaq is also working to make the PSX Basic entitlement available via the major market data vendors. Please contact Nasdaq Global Data Products at +1 301 978 5307 or +45 33 93 33 66 for more information.
Currently there is no charge for this data.
Agreements & Forms
To order this data on a stand-alone terminal/controlled display product, end users or end-user firms should contact their market data vendor for the appropriate agreements and forms.
To initiate this data on a data feed, firms must submit the appropriate documentation and receive prior approval from Nasdaq:
- Data Feed Request Form - Required for all firms
- Nasdaq Global Data Agreement - Required for all firms prior to initiation of the first Nasdaq data service only
- System Application - Required for firms only if the data will be displayed or used in a system that is not yet approved by Nasdaq
For the complete list of Nasdaq and UTP market data agreements and forms, please refer to the Nasdaq Global Data Products Agreements and Forms page.